Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Power Color


I have a confession. I know this is going to come as a shock to many of you but I feel it important to disclose this information. When I took the Color Code test as a teen I scored 99% red. (power hungry control freak, for those of you who aren't familiar with the test). The last time I took the test I had a bit more blue in me, a direct result of having children I'm sure. But once in a while I can't help but return to my roots and I search for ways to express my inner red. Yesterday my husband treated me to a day of pampering and lots of new stuff I don't need but among them was this beautiful red professional series Kitchenaid (to replace my eight year old white one). He wanted a black one that would match our kitchen but I was DRAWN to this red one. I knew it would clash with my cabinets but I just couldn't help it. It is my little big of personality in my otherwise sophisticated kitchen.

5 comments:

TK said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE, the red mixer!! I think it will look great in the kitchen send me a pic. Also You are welcome any time you want to come crash cousins camp. Miss ya tons

ba and the boys said...

i love my kitchen aid! i use it at least 2 times a week! seriously-it makes you want to make food!
and the red is great! (i notice you changed your colors on the blog...)
go utah!

Jennifer P. said...

Mine is dark gray. It looks nice and neutral, but I would love an orange one some day. Red would be great too, but I wouldn't want to look like I was copying you :)!

Now--go make some cookies in that thing!

ba and the boys said...

ps-when you make the cookies-bring them down to my home!

The Bach 10 said...

I think if I took that test i would be red like you. I have a white Bosch kitchen machine. I went to balance out the colors in the kitchen. I did want to buy rusty orange washer and dryer last year, but took the safe route again and bought white. I did go out last month and buy a new bright purse! Of course I couldn't find any matching shoes so I wear the plain jane black to church every week. Yes the low wide heel. But good for you and I know you will make some terrific treats with "Big Red" as you always do.