Friday, July 18, 2008

The last day my baby will be 4


Jacob wanted a picture of him on the last day he was four. I just know he'll be even cuter at 5.

We celebrated early yesterday by going to Seven Peaks. As we got to the top of the tall rides I could hear over the speakers "if you have any of the following health problems you should not ride this attraction : high blood pressure, heart problems, neck and back problems, are prone to motion sickness or experience migraines." I had to laugh, I fit each category yet thought these were the most benign rides I'd ever been on. I got more motion sick on the way home (my husband drove because I was temporarily blinded by my contacts).

Jacob and Glen went down a ride on a double tube and for some reason when they came out of the bottom of the ride they flipped. I had come out before them with Kaitlyn and the other two kids were standing next to me. I watched in horror as my baby went under the water and was smashed under the inner tube, I disobeyed written warnings and ran back to the pool at full speed yelling "save my baby!!" Of course people from all over the park turned to look for what must have been a tragic accident or a near drowning. My husband had his hands on Jacob within 1.2 seconds and the life guard was a close second. Jacob WAS wearing a life jacket (big surprise). I think he is under the water longer when he takes a shower. We didn't want him to be scared of the water so we laughed it off as a great adventure, after all, that is part of the water park adventure.

He went on the ride again with his dad and once again the tube flipped. This time the tube seemed to be going in slow motion and I could see from the side that as the tube turned vertical in the air little Jacob was running on air to get to the top. The life guard knew from our earlier display that this was a tube to watch and was prepared for anything. Needless to say the next time he went on the ride he was with his mommy who somehow was able to not only keep from flipping the tube but managed to keep him from getting wet at all.

Zach, Bailey and Kaitlyn enjoyed themselves just as much as Jacob, especially since their overly paranoid mom even let them go on a couple death defying rides without a parent. I figure if anyone tries anything with my girls that if they can't handle it Zach is there for back up. In fact there was a boy about 9 that was hitting Kaitlyn in an attempt to get her off of the large serpent (notice I said serpent and not snake) and she used her brawn to muscle him off and into the water. No one can accuse my daughters of being wimps.

3 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

I would have had a heart attack too! I hate big crowds and dangerous stuff and too much space between my kids and me!---poor kids will probably have to have me go out on their first dates with them ;)!

Mr. Jacob has grown up so big and strong and handsome! Hard to believe he was the tiny little thing you never thought would grow!

And I know you joke about your health problems, but I know how difficult they must all be for you. Please know that you are in my prayers. I hope you find some answers and some comfort and some peace. {Love you}!

ba and the boys said...

this is CLASSIC! i bet your family has now been 'tagged' at the water park as 'crazy' and wont let you in without a drs note.
your little jacob is soo cute...happy number 5! the best is yet to come!

The Bach 10 said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!!!!

I really loved seeing your pirate cake!!

Love,
Tami