Friday, July 18, 2008

A bit disappointed


I am almost embarassed to put this photo up but Jacob loves it so I will sacrifice ego and let you all see how novice I am at making pirate ships. It isn't that its bad, its that it isn't perfect. The sails are misshaped, the flag isn't wavy and the wood paneling isn't staggered correctly. I am sure that my next one will be much better. Practice makes perfect so I think that Zach and Glen will both get ships next month for their birthdays. Kaitlyn will dodge a bullet however and get something much more fem. Unless of course a pink pirate ship sounds good.

3 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

My dear, my idea of a "decorated cake" was to put cupcakes in a line and call it a caterpillar ;)! Your cake is GORGEOUS!--and I bet it tasted wonderful too!

Happy Birthday Jacob!

ba and the boys said...

i think the cake looks great and i bet it was eaten dispite your issues with it!
ps-im the same way!

The Bach 10 said...

Awesome!!!!

Quit worrying about being perfect all the time, because you are close enough to me!!!

I know you had fun doing it. I had fun just knowing you were so excited about doing such a huge task.

I can barely get the cake out of the pan staying together, let alone making a master piece!!!

Great Job!!!