Friday, August 1, 2008

And so it begins

We started k12 today.I thought I'd share how we really look when doing as opposed to the fairy tale version I have in my head.
My work area which seems to have been taken over by the laptops for kids to work on as well. I guess I'll "work" when they graduate!!

the girls always end up on a floor somewhere doing their work. Today it was my office. Their school stuff is in the cubes behind them.
Tired of the noise Zach retreated to the guest room and my sewing table to review his math. What a good kid, he isn't even in school yet.
Jacob is working on his kindergarten game in our lovely computer area. We need a new set up!

These are all the boxes we unpacked.

4 comments:

The Bach 10 said...

You are so awesome to let others know how it really is. It does get better as soon as you figure how to balance all your schooling. I remember seeing some talk on the yahoo parent to parent about multi tasking. I secretly had to laugh. For me schooling my kids is all the multi tasking I can take. This year is an adjustment as well, new baby, new puppy, 2 preschoolers, 2 first/second graders, and 1 6th grader. We are behind already and it is only 12:30. Tayler hasn't even started k12 for the day, but Tiffany is down for a nap. Wish me luck!!!

ali cross said...

That is awesome! Gives me hope - thanks Summer!

Oh and Tami? It was me that started the multi-tasking thread! I'm coming to terms with the reality that school time is SCHOOL time and there will be no writing time for Ali.

Ahh well.

Notice I didn't say housework? That's what the maid is for who I plan on hiring as soon as I can, lol!

Thanks for showing me what real schooling is like Summer! I'm just way admiring Zach for hitting the books today just on his own. He IS a good kid!

TK said...

So much fun. Your kids are so great I can't wait to see you guys in a week. Love ya

Jennifer P. said...

i based the color scheme in my house on those dots on the K12 boxes! I will sooooo miss getting them this year *sigh*. Love seeing you in action :)! Who would have guessed you and I would be homeschooling 4 kids each? I thought we'd just curl our hair and hang out at stake dances all our lives :)!