Thursday, August 28, 2008

Week at a glance

1.Survived the last of the 4 birthdays we have in our house in 5 weeks.

2. Hosted a neighborhood block party

3. Trying to home school the three younger ones

4. Registered Zach for high school and completely scared the crap out of the counselor when I refused to do placement testing for Zach and informed him that while I respect his degree I know my son better and will decide what he needs and that I have already spoken with the former dean of admissions at a local school (our neighbor) and that I would be deciding which classes were necessary.

5. Bailey received a random nude photo on her phone from some guy we don't know and so the police are investigating it despite their desire not to. I had to pull out the Summer card on that one. I explained that they would need to do their best to prove intent and at the very least they were to completely humiliate the dude. I told them I was not known for my patience and that if a detective was not in touch with me within the week I would be following up on my own.
6. I was roped into being the Student/parent liaison at the high school in charge of student activities, namely dances. I promised Zachary I would not hover or hang out with him since I am way too cool to hang with him and his friends.

7. I had to spend an hour yesterday with the FSO as they tried to figure out how to handle registration. I was asked if I could help and replied with a I said "HECK NO" and left to get an ice cream cone.

8. Long day at the zoo for Kaitlyn's birthday followed by swimming which ended with Zachary throwing me into the pool. I am currently taking names of individuals willing to help get him back.

9. Attended an FSO dinner and met all kinds of wonderful people who will be working with me on the committees at the school.

10. Bought my favorite Little Debbie Brownies for $1.00 a box (definitely the highlight)

4 comments:

ba and the boys said...

1. at least you werent getting older...
2. good for you for being social. promis there will be food and almost anyone will show up!
3. and 4. and 7. sometimes school stinks...
5. goo! exactly why kids shouldnt have access to phone that dial or accept calls from anyone other than mom and dad! good for you for telling the cops who is in charge! keep us updated!
8. i will gladly throw anychild into a pool. count me in.
and 10. which little debbies? and which store?

The Bach 10 said...

Glad to you are busy as usual. The photo concerns me. Good luck on that one!

Jennifer P. said...

Too cool to hang out with him and his friends! Oh I"ll have to remember that one :)!

Glad you're one who's not afraid to say NO :)!

Jennifer P. said...

Little Debbie Peanut Butter Bars--also $1.00 at the Fred Meyer here. Bought 6 boxes!!! :) They remind me of junior high!