Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Mom

I talk about her all the time but so many of you never had the pleasure of meeting the most amazing woman ever. I still find myself reaching for the phone to hear her voice or to share a cute story about my kids with her because only my mom would truly understand how funny it is. When I find myself down I long to feel her unconditional love that only a mother seems to have. I miss having someone think that I am the most beautiful, most talented person to ever walk the Earth. I feel somewhat silly missing her this much 6 years after she's died but it still aches with the same intensity of the day we said good-bye. I think that that hurt is in part why I hug my kids a little bit longer than some, or worry a bit more when they walk out of the protective barrier of my arms. I long for the day that we are reunited and my sweet children get to see just how wonderful she is.

4 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

I miss Mommy Roe too. And I see Daddy Roe commented on my camping story. I hope he knows I STILL have his book and have actually read it multiple times.

Now back to your mama. I remember so many things about her---the way she laughed, her tiny little sneezes, that she made awesome homemade pizza, when she substitute taught our 6th grade class and taught us "Tom the Toad" song, how excited she was for you when I went down for your wedding---and how she always laughed at me stomping around in my combat boots. She just made you feel loved no matter what. She seemed as busy as my mom, and yet she always had time to make your bed and make you cookies. That we both lost our sweet mama's in almost the identical ways will forever bond me to you. I'd like to think that your mom and my mom are up in heaven looking down on us, doing things for us that they couldn't do here on earth, and having a laugh over us getting put through the same things by our children that we put them through :).

Thank you so much for introducing everyone else to your mom.

Love ya Summer.

The Bach 10 said...

I think you are the most beautiful, most talented person to ever walk the earth!! I wish I had more time to talk with you. I miss our times together but treasure them.

Hugs from me,
Tami

TK said...

I also think you are the most beautiful, most talented person to ever walk the Earth. Thank you for being such a great example and an absolutely amazing friend. I am excited for the day when I can meet your sweet mother too.

I love ya
T

ba and the boys said...

you are very blessed to have had such a wonderful woman in your life. she sounds perfect!