Thursday, August 21, 2008

Is it bedtime yet?

The day started with a splash. Jacob announced that he "didn't smell good" and wanted a shower. We got him smelling like coconut and dressed in his favorite red shirt and I sent him to get a comb for his hair. He came to the front room completely soaked with Cherry Dr Pepper (yes, I know I shouldn't be drinking that at 7:30 a.m.). He looked me square in the eye and said, "your drink made me messy". He had cleaned it up with the nice clean towels I had just folded in the bathroom. Then Zach announced that he found a black widow in the garage which meant I had to take action to protect my family. I later discovered it wasn't a black widow but an innocent victim but at that point it was much more humane to put it out of its misery. I ended up spraying the entire house while shaking in fear that there may be a snake hiding in the window wells. Then because someone had mentioned seeing a mouse in their garage a neighborhood over I decided to make sure we wouldn't be invaded. That meant 4 hours of cleaning, organizing, sweeping and a trip to the dump. Of course since I had made Bailey's skirt for her little date the other day I had a gigantic mess in my office and guest room. When I make a mess I do a great job. Then a child mentioned to me that they didn't have any clothes and how is that possible when they had brought them to the laundry room this morning. I looked at them with a puzzled expression and thought, "how did this happen, how does this child stand in front of me and assume that I will wash their clothes the very minute they bring them to me?" I did throw a load in, not those however, I washed towels, again. They can figure out a solution to their dilemma tomorrow. After a much needed shower I let the kids go out to ride scooters and bikes which as far as I'm concerned is those are simply a little less dangerous than riding a motorcycles or running with scissors. Zach was laughing at his little brother who was wearing his helmet to ride his little scooter in the driveway, and complaining about how dorky helmets were (while putting his on) and took off on his bike. I heard a screech, a gasp and looked in time to see him flying through the air, make a complete flip and land on his head. Fortunately it was a single bike accident and no other vehicles were involved. He laughed it off and wiped the blood off with his hand and said, "I bet I looked pretty stupid, good thing I had a helmet". I think I'll go to bed and pray that my children will always follow my advice and rules no matter how "dorky" or "stupid" it may seem.

2 comments:

ba and the boys said...

great morning! the day will only get better! (better=more crazy)
just please dont send any snakes/mice/spiders/blood/cherry soda down this way!

Jennifer P. said...

I've read this twice today and wasn't sure what to say--I think ol' ba and the boys found the right words :)!

CRAZY!!!