Saturday, August 23, 2008

U of U Rocks!


I grew up wanting to go to the U of U because my great uncle who I thought was the smartest person in the world was a fan. I assumed I would live with him in his beautiful home in the Avenues and drive my emerald green mustang convertible with the white leather interior to my pre law classes every day. Since I never had that car and I graduated from SUU instead I guess you can say I still hold that dream a bit closer than I should. Bailey was invited by my friend Jenna to go to a volleyball clinic with her hosted by the Utes. I of course had to go too since I couldn't possibly let my daughter on campus without me close by to save her from all those college guys. She had an amazing time and when they asked for someone to try to block the 6'5 girl player Bailey volunteered. I was frozen with fear as I saw my tiny, petite little girl standing opposite the net of this amazon woman! I think the player was a bit nervous too. I saw her looking at her coach and then at the other girls in attendance that didn't look like they'd break if you looked at them wrong but she spiked the ball anyway. Bailey didn't block a single shot but she sure had fun trying. After hours of sitting on a hard bench watching her try to compete with the big girls I was thrilled to hear her say, "I think I'll go to the U for college. I guess my subtle indoctrination of wearing my red shirt, red shoes and red shirt today paid off.

1 comment:

ba and the boys said...

thank yo ufor having the good sence not to let her go to any event at the y. we need to stop our kids from going to that heathen school (i can say that as my father in laws good friend is president and HE and his wife are HUGE u fans.).