Saturday, February 20, 2010

WAHOO!!!!

The pictures don't do this justice, it's dark but I just couldn't wait to post them.

I may be the happiest person entire world today!!! Remember my REALLY blank entry way? It's all done! I only spent a full 48 hours being obsessed with it. I went to Hobby Lobby over and over, I looked all over the internet to find a canvas like Jen suggested but in the end I just HAD to have these frames. It was an adventure and I'm pretty sure I spent the same amount of money on Command Strips as I did the frames and photos! The frames have one of those lovely little stands on the back and so it wouldn't sit correctly on the wall but after hours and hours of yelling at my husband to figure out the solution and him telling me to return the frames and buy one's without the stand and me saying "NO, I love them...figure it out", it hit me, REMOVE THE BACKS!!!! Brilliant...I KNOW. I was afraid to put them on the wall in the layout I had changed at least 20 times until Laurie Freeman was kind enough to come and give me the thumbs up (I love her house and her sense of style so she was the perfect one to come and tweek it a bit). How cool is that big M? I wanted a monogram letter but wasn't sure it would work but a little spray paint and I was thrilled. (BA, that stuff really damages the brain cells, I'm understanding you a bit better :) I can now sleep, of course I'm probably going to just stand in my entryway and smile.



9 comments:

terrah said...

I LOVE it! It looks fantastic.

Summer Miller said...

Still smiling!

the thrifty ba said...

see you are a designer! and that m looks great there! did you get the pillow at hl too?

Summer Miller said...

The pillows are from the deep unknown loft area. They are usually just on the floor up there since the kids don't like pillows on the couch so I stole them.

Mary Lynne said...

It's perfect! You did a great job!

Emily said...

Nice job, Summer! I love the different shapes and the Big M. I need to do something like that in my house, but I'm still not sure how long we'll be here.

Laurie said...

Is that an M for "Martha"....Stewart that is! :)
Looks soooo good! You should be so proud! :) I think the addition of the M is perfect. It adds just the right touch. Gotta love it when the obsession pays off in something you love.

Marianne said...

Way to go. It looks awesome.

TK said...

Oh I just love this wall. I am so proud of you!!!