Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mid Life Crisis

So, I've spent the day trying to decide exactly what I want to do with my life. That sounds crazy since I'm a stay at home mom with four kids....sounds like I've already made that decision :) I think with the hysterectomy I've hit my mid life crisis earlier than expected. I love my life, I love my kids, love my house (even though it just dropped another 40k, ) love my church, love my neighbors,, friends...you name it. BUT, I don't feel like I'm living up to my potential. I spend a lot of my time sitting at my computer searching blogs in an attempt to find something that motivates me. It's kind of pathetic. Here is my list of things I've decided I want to be today, if any of them look good to you let me know.

1. dancer
2. american idol
3. writer
4. kite maker
5. painter
6. card maker
7. model
8. columnist
9. the next Erma Bombeck
10. a chef
11. caterer
12. pastry chef
13. nutritionist
14. photographer
15. marathon runner
16.tv talk show host
17. an herbalist
18. professional organizer
19. reflexologist
20. product tester

So, can I have your vote?

6 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

I didn't know you were writing in the blog again! Thanks for letting me know :)

I think you could for sure pull off Erma Bombeck. Just remember there's a time and season for everything in life. Right now might just be your time to do JUST what you're doing. Plus, think of all the comedic material you're gathering mothering your kids :)

You are wonderful just like you are!

Courtney said...

If you pick any of the chef options - I would gladly be your taste tester! Good luck getting out of your funk, its so hard when you are down to pull yourself back up. Especially in the winter time! If you need anything please ask I am only a few doors down!

Paula said...

Well, WRITING is certainly one of your strong talents! Any of the options would suit you grandly.

DanandTash said...

I vote 1. Dancer (so we can take a dance class together!!)
and 2. Reflexologist (I would definitely be your #1 customer)

Ok... maybe those answers were a bit selfish since I would benefit from each of them. :) Really, I think you should do whatever makes you the happiest! Try out each one to find out what does it for you. Good luck! :)

ba and the boys said...

erma or a tv show host.
i will give you a reference if youd like...

Controlling My Chaos said...

The painter looks like fun. You get to make a mess and play with color!