Friday, February 19, 2010

help!!!

I am in a desperate situation...well... I woke up with a bee in my bonnet to fainlly do something to my entry way but now I'm stuck...I dont' know what to do because no holes are allowed on the empty wall (my husband has begged and pleaded so we'll use command strips)



This is the entry way looking out toward the front door. I don't know if the colors will show up well but at least you can see the really empty space above the bench. I didn't even have a bench there until I got tired of people not taking off their shoes. I may have to make a little sign to put out or something.



We have those long windows that kind of bug me when I'm not home because then I'm afraid people are just looking right in. We've actually caught neighbors doing that before and frankly when I'm hiding from the world I dont want that. I bought some of that special glass paper that you can add to block it out about but that was two years ago and I don't want to rush.

I just pulled these frames out from under the guest room bed. I realize that the pictures are OLD but they're so cute I don't care. I"m leaning toward the darker ones but then I have to replace the photos for sure because my angel Jacob is not in one.



Now that you know how much style I don't have please help!!!

6 comments:

Summer Miller said...

If the frames are just to out of style let me know too. I realize they're not as fancy as some of the newer styles but hey...they're free. Hobby Lobby is having 50% off though so it wouldn't kill me to buy new ones.

the thrifty ba said...

i say paint a mural.
ok, maybe not. but how about a skinny plant stand.

Jennifer P. said...

murals aren't fun to try and keep straight,every little thing knocks one or more of the frames crooked, and people--I think--will be less prone to actually sit on the bench if they think they have to lean against pictures.

I would say to put up a big shelf and lean the pictures on it, but that won't stay up with command strips :). I would try a lightweight piece of art--probably something on stretched canvas and find a little nook or somewhere less trafficked than your entry way to hang your cute kid pics :)

Good luck!!!

Michelle said...

If you do the pictures you definitely want the darker ones - but I would say to take something similar in style to what you have by/on the piano and just extend that same theme out. You could do a larger version of the plant in the corner and some kind of maybe plaques with a similar design as the vase - post pics when you have it figured out :)

Summer Miller said...

I ditched these photos. I'm sure I can find a spot somewhere else in my house. I honestly did nothing but ponder this question today (and wander through Hobby Lobby over and over). Tomorrow will be a more productive day!

Laurie said...

Found you via Marianne, and sorry I was a no-show. After the Costo haul came in, I never left the counter. He's the best shopper. Hope I didn't leave you hanging so that you couldn't sleep. No pun intended. I'll call you tomorrow. :)