Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ambition Gets Me in Trouble

I woke up today after very little sleep and decided to tackle my spice issue. It doesn't matter how I try to keep them controlled they end up so scattered that I can never find them. Of course the easy solution would be to use a spice rack but I can't stand stuff on my counter (ha ha ha, wish there were a day that they were actually empty). So I decided that I needed to make a spice drawer. Now that meant cleaning out ALL the drawers which resulted in this....

I decided to go all "Martha Stewart" and use little matching glass containers with clear labels on the top so that when you opened the drawer ('cause all my guests go through my drawers ) you'd be so impressed with my awesomeness. That resulted in a trip to Walmart, Target, Hobby Lobby, Ross, and Kohls. I found some cute little jars at Target but when I got home I just wasn't feeling it. I couldn't justify $40 on little jars especially since they wouldn't have that little plastic piece on the top that lets my kids add "just a dash". So I ended up doing this....



I returned everything at Target being thrilled at my thriftiness (and Kaitlyn's organization skills at putting them in order for me). I'm not sure Bailey was thrilled when I picked her up from school and she saw the kitchen. After a couple of hours she had everything organized and put exactly where she likes them. I am sure it will only last until it's Zach's turn to put dishes away but look how nice my drawers look!!!!



3 comments:

ba and the boys said...

i so need your daughters to live at my home...

The Bach 10 said...

Love this!

Controlling My Chaos said...

That's funny. Organizing can start out such a great idea, and then you lose steam. It's a good thing you have a daughter that likes order.