Friday, September 19, 2008

What a mess


I was so excited to have saved about $30 at the grocery store today and on the way home I was fantasizing over the many different ways I could spend that. I know that seems silly but I have learned to take pleasure in the simple things. $30 would buy a nice dinner at my favorite Chinese food place or 30 songs for my ipod or pay for some plants for the back yard. I thought about it all the way home. I was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful smell that greeted me as I walked in from the garage and figured it must be the Lord's way of blessing me for having already done 5 loads of laundry. After a few minutes the wonderful smell of laundry changed to a "bit overwhelming" to "something is not right". Sure enough, as I stepped into the laundry room I was met with a sticky blue goo that oozed between my toes. It was one of the rare times I regretting buying Tide in the large 120 load container. The entire bottle had somehow been knocked to the ground and had infiltrated the entire room. It was under the washer, in the cat box, and all over the rug. It took three rolls of paper towels, an extra three loads of laundry, a premature changing of the cat litter and a new bottle of detergent. The grand total came to approximately $30. . . so much for my Chinese food.

3 comments:

braden said...

Thats awesome that you saved $30 at the grocery store.

ba and the boys said...

look at it this way-your f;oor is super clean now!

The Bach 10 said...

That is awesome!!