Wednesday, September 17, 2008

How to Be Totally Miserable


So I stole the title from John Bytheway's little "Self Hinder" book but it so true that I have to share with those of you who aren't Bytheway addicts. He says
"Complain about your Blessings
Lots of people complain. Most people complain about their problems but miserable people are different, they complain about their blessings. If their car breaks down they complain that it isn't new. If their waitress is slow they complain and withhold a tip. If their cell phone drops a call they complain about their service. They're like the people in the Old Testament who got free food from heaven and said, "what, manna again!" By contrast, happy people are grateful they have a car, thankful they can afford to eat in a restaurant and stoked to have a cell phone... Happy people count their blessings, miserable people complain about them."


I could add some profound statement to sum it all up but can say it better than the great motivational speaker Bytheway.

3 comments:

ba and the boys said...

thanks-we all need to hear that once in awhile!

TK said...

I love this post, Wish you were here with me in NYC. Lots and Lots of love

Jennifer P. said...

that one will make me think twice about the nature of my complaining! I'm sure I've been guilty of a few (or all...) of those before :)!