Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Answer is Because I'm Stupid

The question is now, and always "why did I decide to do that?!" Since I agreed to be in charge of the school dances at the high school I am very busy this week. I have to get lights and decorations, volunteers, food, music, chaperones, servers and clean up crews. I also have to attend two orientations for students and parents in an attempt to get more victims, I mean volunteers, to help in the future. I have 100 pages left in the assigned reading for the school discussion tonight because it simply isn't as entertaining as a vampire story and I keep getting distracted by funny things like laundry or giant spiders.

I decided yesterday however that I HAD to finish our back yard NOW. I hired someone to come and bobcat it today and have dirt being dropped off at 1:00. I won't be here. I had 7 guys scheduled to come move the hot tub last night but it was raining and we decided we'd just leave it until we have money for cement, which means FOREVER! The sprinklers will be put in on Thursday and if all goes well I will find time to seed it(because I am broke and it is cheaper than sod) on Saturday before Zach's party and the play we're going to with Aunt Rene and uncle Doug. I am looking for input from anyone who has planted a lawn by seed before.

4 comments:

ba and the boys said...

that is busy? come on-you can squeeze a few more things into your week. let me think of some...

TK said...

Never planted a yard before but I know it will turn out marvelous!!!! Sounds like too much fun with the dance. I wish I were there to help. LOve YA

ba and the boys said...

oh-about seeding...we hydroseeded our yard. and last summer it did look good. (i will have to ask the gardner to work on it)it is more work than sod (meaning after you actually have the elders quorum over to lay the sod, you are done. w/hydroseeding, you have to prep more and fill in places that didnt grow) but we saved a TON of money.

Jennifer P. said...

I've heard that lawns grown from seed actually do a lot better than sod ones. They don't go into shock the same way. I know you have to keep it reeeeeally wet for the first few weeks though.

Good luck :)!