Monday, August 23, 2010

Double Whammie for Kaitlyn

Wow, today by little girl is off to school...her last year in elementary school...yep...she's a SIXTH GRADER!!!! As if that isn't reason enough to have a panic attack she is also turning 11 on Friday. It seems like just yesterday she was off to kindergarten saying things such as , "should she really being teaching kindergarten, how smart is she anyway". She was pitting boy against boy in physical fights on the playground to see just who got to be engaged to her. She was eating scrambled eggs and syrup made daily by my BFF Ann (that makes me sound young and hip, not like I'm trying too hard to be cool..right?)

It's hard to express how grateful I am for this little spitfire of a young lady. She had a rough start in life and has battled her share of health issues but she doesn't let it stop her. From threatening the nurses at the children's hospital with their life if they poked her one more time, to demanding they get some new toys to entertain her since she's been in the hospital for too long, she is full of spunk. I think I've had more sleepless nights caring for this sweet child than I have all the others put together and yet I wouldn't trade any of it. I love her determination, her ingenuity, her ability to tear up on command to get what she wants from daddy (ok, maybe I'm just jealous of that one), and her generosity. So today I will stand on the corner and watch her embark on another adventure(in sixth grade your mommy doesn't walk you in anymore) and remember my sweet little girl whose spirit is captured in these photos.













1 comment:

the thrifty ba said...

i love the top one with the cubby face! you have beautiful girls!