Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Best Laid Plans

I woke up this morning thinking I needed to clean the kitchen. I got distracted when I went to the garage to get the broom and decided I needed to clean the garage instead. Then when I looked and saw that the fertilizer bag was almost empty I thought, "hmm, Home Depot has plants on sale". So, off I went to get plants to cover my new rock wall. I was disappointed in the plant selection so I decided I'd stain the deck. I figured it would only take a about an hour and I had two before I had to pick Zach up from the Fire Academy. I ran home, threw the stain in the sprayer and.... it exploded. So after an hour or so of cleaning stain off the cement, my hair, my clothes, my daughter...and a few choice words (thankfully the workers behind me seemed to understand) I realized there was no way I'd finish in time to get Zach across town. A call to his friend and the ride problem was solved but after six hours of staining I'm still not done, the garage is a mess, the kitchen looks like I left Jacob on his own for six hours and my freckles are now a lovely shade of Behr Stain Brown. I think I have some adult onset ADD. Perhaps tomorrow I'll tackle the kitchen.

2 comments:

the thrifty ba said...

oh summer...
i have never heard of a sprayer exploding. im am certain that can only happen to you.

terrah said...

Wow, what a day! I hope you got a cookie for your efforts! :)