Thursday, August 19, 2010

$10 happiness

There aren't many direct marketing companies that I haven't tried at least once. I'm kind of a sucker for those things. I'm not sure what the attraction is, I don't like selling things and truly just end up doing it for the discount but as soon as the first phase of excitement leaves and I realize I don't want to purchase items over and over and really don't want to have a party of any kind I let it go. Cookie Lee was no different. I really felt like I got my money worth on it though. It was all stuff that I would want or that my girls would. The problem is that my jewelry boxes (and the girls) are overflowing and I NEVER take the time to look through them. In fact, I still had a box full under my bed waiting for me to come up with a solution. (It's been there for two years). So yesterday after seeing Bailey's jewelry all over her dresser I decided it was time for a solution. I didn't have her with me so I HAD to experiment on one for myself (I'd hate to have bought the wrong color fabric :). So.... ta...da.....I learned a few things (like the fact that my friend and neighbor Trish is a great resource when I'm stumped). I also learned that cats REALLY like to destroy cork boards so don't turn your head for a minute or Kaitlyn's kitty will have that thing shredded within seconds. GC is really good at saving the aforementioned cat from becoming an outside cat by helping me fix the problem. Finally, I need to come up with a better trim but at this point it's already hung up and I'm just going to go with it. I will change it out when I do one for Bailey.




3 comments:

Trish said...

Wow!!! That looks great! And look at all that fun jewelry.
Glad I could help find a solution to the assembly problem. :)

the thrifty ba said...

ohhh...i have a solution for all your jewerly problems...give them to me!
it turned out great!

terrah said...

Sometime you'll have to tell me how you did it! I think I have a cork board in my basement, and this would be a good repurpose.