Saturday, June 28, 2008

There will be no charge for my "awesomeness"

Yesterday was possibly the most exciting day ever. Zach and I were at Walmart to pick up a few bags of salt for the water softener and we ventured down the electronics aisle. Out of the blue, completely out of place was the Rockband for the Wii. I completely humiliated my poor son by jumping up and down and letting out a little "wahoo". Zach says I actually skipped to the check out stand. It took a while to figure it out but after practicing for 8 hours I can almost get 25% on the drums. I have always had the secret desire to be a drummer in a rock band. (I have absolutely no rhythm so this is truly one of those dreams that are not going to come true). One of the best things about the game is that when I am failing on my set, Zach can "save" me by playing in the most stellar way on the guitar. Then I discovered the microphone. It was so shiny and new that I was just drawn to it. I come from a musical family. My father is a great singer, has been in many musicals and plays the guitar so the genes are there but unfortunately for me the only thing I inherited from my father was his sarcasm and an abnormal amount of freckles! Despite my singing, which resembles the howl of a dog after having its paw ran over, I was able to achieve "awesome" status on several of the songs. I am now auditioning for members of my all mom rock band. The only requirement is that they have to be tone death so when I sing they too think it is great.

2 comments:

ba and the boys said...

we rented rockband and took it to every chrisstmas party (well, not the work christmas one. or the ward one. but family and friend ones we did) and it wa a HIT! nothing brings people together quite like bad singing and playing. enjoy!

Jennifer P. said...

I'm so jealous! I want rock band but have no idea where to store all the instruments when not playing with them. I wish they had a tambourine. I've always wanted to play the tambourine in a rock band....