Monday, June 23, 2008

Sometimes you just have to laugh

When we lived in Southern Utah I was the bulletin coordinator for our church. I am a pretty Type A person but somehow mistakes would pass me by. The best was the one that accidentally read "Golf Tournament 18 hoes for $25." I didn't notice my mistake until I was sitting in the back of the chapel and the entire room was silent. I laughed so hard I had to leave. I was almost in need of Depends. I'm surprised I didn't get called into the bishops office for my lack of decorum.

Now my husband is the coordinator. For some reason I get the occasional message from people and I forward them on to my husband, assuming they were for him. I just realized that he's been posting information for St George in our Northern Utah bulletin. I bet there are a lot of confused campers showing up a month early for girls camp training. I guess that's one way to get released.

1 comment:

Jennifer P. said...

bulletin bloopers are my favorites!

I wonder how many guys showed up expecting their hoes?!.... :)