Monday, June 30, 2008

Thank you for your calls and emails offering me moral support at this very difficult time. I know I seem dramatic, (at least that is what the Wildlife Office said) but this whole snake thing has truly caused some upset in the Miller household. My children, now recovered, find it amusing that I won't go into the storage room without Zach and that I refused to pull weeds today and that I tried numerous times to adopt a dog from local shelters (I think my husband called them and forbid them to give me one). I did, however, make it to the library so Jacob could turn in his reading chart and get a ten cent bug ring as his prize.

Animal control came out this morning after receiving a call about the giant deadly snake I had found. She informed me that it was probably a bull snake and that if I think that living here is a good place for an ophidiophob (yup, that is a real word) that I need to be evaluated for mental competency. She also informed me that there are at least one call a day about snakes in our area and often they are in peoples homes.

2 comments:

ba and the boys said...

SHUT UP! in peoples homes?! i think that is a load of poop! i bet they are telling you that just so you wont feel like you have it too bad.
they dont know you well, do they?

Jennifer P. said...

Poor Summer! I feel the same way---except about moths and not snakes. I'm a freak. I know. But I think one snake per summer (or Summer :) ) is probably all you're going to see. Take a deep breath, get a big stick, and go down into that basement! Love ya!