Friday, February 18, 2011

I'm going to whine for a bit so feel free to skip this if you're tired of people complaining about things.  I was watching the news with Kaitlyn the other day and they talked about the extreme likelihood of food going up in price again over the next little bit.  I shouldn't be shocked, after all, gas is going through the roof too.  In fact, everything is going up except for our paycheck and I'm really, really tired of it.  Kaitlyn was panicked that people will go hungry (not in our house) and she wants to find a way to make a difference.  It is really hard to look at her with her little altruistic dreams and tell her that there isn't much to do.  I want my kids to be happy, carefree and not have to worry about horrible things going on around them.  I can turn off the news, cancel cable and give her a pair of rose colored glasses but beyond that I'm not sure how to ensure that my kids have a childhood.

No comments: