Tuesday, November 4, 2008

True American

I voted today like every good American should. I made my way to the polling place to fill out my provisional ballot since they had somehow lost my current registration but fortunately I was still registered in St George so my vote will still count. I went in the middle of a snow storm after having 10 viles of blood drawn at the Dr.'s office and almost passed out on the way into the building. I was so excited to put my little "I voted" sticker on and was thrilled to have the opportunity. My brother called from Denmark to ensure that I had done my part to ensure democracy was at work in the good ol' USA. My kids were all over me when I walked when to make sure I voted for the zoo. They weren't nearly as concerned about the presidental race as they were the potential for polar bears. I realize that my vote may not matter as much as it would if we didn't have the electoral college but at least by voting I now reserve the right to complain for the next four years. In honor of the election and her political excitement Bailey had her braces changed to RED WHITE AND BLUE today as well.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I am worried about you lady. Is your health okay? You are so independent and do so much to help all the pregnant ladies. Who is looking after you?