Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy December


I love December and I am so excited that it is that time of year again. I am just shocked that it sneaked up on me this year.

Friday my dear sweet husband decided that he was going to go Black Friday shopping with me. This was a bit scary for me since I had an agenda and he isn't known for his speed. We went to Penny's and were there at 3:58 a.m. and somehow people were already leaving with their purchases despite the fact that they weren't supposed to open until 4:00. We missed the last waffle maker by a minute or two and I was fuming. I decided that I hated shopping and I stormed home sad and ready for a nap. After about an hour of not being able to go back to sleep he convinced me to go out again. This time he found a waffle maker. Of course instead of the amazing price of $20 he spent $79 but he was so proud of his purchase that we will be eating waffles every day for the next year. Bailey and the rest of the kids helped me put up the three trees and we scrambled to get dinner on the table for friends that were coming for a visit.

I want to post a picture of my tree but everytime I go to look at the photos I come across the one that a friend of mine did for the Jubilee of Trees in St George. The tree won every award and I would love to have on in my home. Unfortunately, I can't afford the 5 figure price that it managed to net at the auction so until then I'll just have to drool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Summer, that is so funny. Ha Ha Ha......Ha!!!!! When you get a chance can you check out my blog. Thanks for talking to me when you get the chance I like it. Talk to you soon.

Jennifer P. said...

Send me waffles too--ok ;)?!

I loved your "thankful" post too. What a full and grateful heart you have!