Thursday, June 10, 2010

Should Have Been a Cowgirl


It's no secret that I am an animal lover. Just walk past my front door and see the piles of bird poop from the little babies that have made their home inside my porch because we can't stand the idea of killing them. Just last week I had a bunch of kitties rescued from under the neighbors porch in my bathroom while I found homes for them. (No, I didn't keep any!) I have two cats, a dog that I keep despite the continual stress she causes and a squirrel named George that lives in my rock wall and destroys everything I plant. I have deer that eat my bushes and something has eaten my tomato plants. As long as it has fur I will forgive it and just plant a bit extra. I LOVE animals. I wanted to be a zoo keeper at one point but once I found out that I'd have to work with reptiles I changed my mind.

I want an alpaca, a mini horse, a peacock, a jersey cow, a sheep, a goat for yard work and of course a horse for each family member. I dream of having a giant barn with a swing on the top floor that I can use to get from the upper floor to the large pile of hay I'd store at the bottom. It's a dream that I'll probably never realize because in reality, I don't really like poop all that much and I'm kind of lazy.

I mentioned this dream to my brother when he was here and I can still here his laughter. Apparently, he remembers when we lived on a mini farm as kids and wouldn't go outside for fear of getting dirty.

After going to our local rodeo last week I've decided that I truly was meant to be a cowgirl. I LOVE the sound my cowgirl boots make when I walk and how Jacob can step on my feet all night and I don't feel it. I love having wearing my hat and standing by the fence watching the cows and horses do their thing.

I'm thinking of listing my house and moving to the country. Only Bailey and Jacob are on board with this. Kaitlyn thinks I'm nuts and Zach knows that means he'll be the one scooping the poop so he's not to thrilled with the idea. My husband is all for it. Of course, he knows that Zach will be doing the brunt of the work so of course he's thrilled.

So friends, find me a mini farm where I can have my alpaca and grow my own corn.

3 comments:

the thrifty ba said...

someone is taking too many pain meds again...

Together We Save said...

Oh I love animals.... I would love to have lots more too....

Controlling My Chaos said...

Yikes. The poop is a big negative for us animal lovers.