Monday, June 14, 2010

boo hoo hoo

Bailey's gone! I hate this time of year. I finally get my girl home for the summer and she takes off to go climb rocks and zipline and have water fights. She'll sit out under the stars and roast marshmallows around campfires. She'll meet new girls and stay up all night giggling and impress the leaders with her mad hiking skills. She'll participate in archery where she'll surely be top dog since that's one of her hidden talents. (Is it weird that my daughter is freakishly accurate with a bow and arrow?) Unfortunately for me she'll be gone not once this year but three times. I guess the first one didn't count, she didn't spend the night but was gone for two days at youth conference where she ate WORMS!!!! Yes, you heard me, she ate worms!!!!!! She's very competitive and when the other team was ahead in a little game she decided to make sure they didn't win. The young men leader told me the next day that the boys then had to attempt to eat a worm as well because they couldn't stand the idea of having a girl beat them.

As if this isn't bad enough having one of my precious children gone, my sweet baby Zach (almost 16 is still a baby, right) will be leaving this week as well for a camp of his own. I have NEVER let him go to anything even remotely connected with Boy Scouts. Scouts scares me to death. They play with fire and shoot things and jump off of rocks that are much too high. I decided this year against my better judgment to let him go. He's so excited. I like the leaders and I'm pretty sure they'll keep an extra close eye on him since they all know who his mommy is :)

So if you can't find me this week its because I'm huddled in the corner counted down the hours until all 4 of my sweet babies are back home.

3 comments:

the thrifty ba said...

you have the garlic bread-what else do you need?

Controlling My Chaos said...

Hee hee. I'm giggling over here. I know what you mean though. Let's lock our babies in the closet and never let them out.

Wendi said...

I think you are in need of CHOCOLATE!!!! :-)

I am so proud of you for letting go just a little. I bet your kids are having the time of their life!