Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mongolian Beef on Steroids

Amazing Stir Fry
(kind of a Mongolian Beef on Steroids)

Who wants to see the recipe that had me eating asparagus AND broccoli? I know you do!!!!! Can you believe it??? The recipe was so popular that after the kids had eaten ALL of the beef out of this I HAD to resort to eating the veggies to get more yummy saucy flavor. Who knew...I can eat green stuff and not die!!!!!!

2t. veg. Oil
½ t. ginger (I used ground) plus a little more for a bit more flavor
1 T. garlic (I like garlic so I added a pinch more
½ c. soy sauce
½ c. water
¾ cup brown sugar

This is your sauce. Sauté the garlic in the oil and add the other ingredients and cook until the sauce starts to thicken. I ended up adding a pinch of corn starch to thicken it up a bit more but in reality I didn't need to. Then set the sauce aside and work on the meat.

I used flank steak but chicken would be super yummy as well.

1 lb. Meat
¼ c. cornstarch

Coat the meat in the cornstarch and let it sit for a few minutes. Then in cook the meat in a pan until almost completely done. At this point I added my veggies. I used asparagus, broccoli, and carrots. I would have added baby corn but I was out. Add sauce and continue to cook until veggies and meat are desired doneness.

Garnish with sesame seeds or green onions. Serve with rice.

2 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

A kiss for you.

Wendi said...

It sounds super yummy!!! I am very proud of you for eating your veggies, sauce aside. He he. :-)