Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Poor Jacob

Jacob had a rough week.  I received a phone call this week from my sweet baby who was in tears.  The only words I was able to make out were ,"bleeding" and "mom".  I very calmly asked him to talk to the nearest grown up, all while frantically trying to decide if he'd be humiliated if I showed up in my pj's or if it was an urgent enough matter that no one would notice.  I went with the pj top and a pair of jeans I pulled on as  I ran out the door.  My baby had cut his finger with scissors during class and the office was unable to stop the bleeding (or my tears).  I was at the school within about 30 seconds (they're always impressed with how quickly I can get there when my kids need me).  His sweet little lips were shaped in the saddest of frowns and tiny little drops of tears were on his cheeks.  After jumping the counter in the office to get to him I assessed his wound (I am CERT trained after all) and decided that if there were enough skin left he could use a stitch or two but I decided to butterfly it at home. 

Today while trying to walk with his eyes closed to get his school gear he ran into the banister and cut/bruised his cheek.  As we were assessing the wound again (boy CERT comes in  handy) he said, "I'm beginning to see a flaw in my plan".  How cute is that?  Between his injuries and Bailey's leg we may not be looking great in our pictures next week.

No comments: