Monday, January 10, 2011

Oops

I have the ability to stick my foot in the mouth better than most. My friend made a comment on her facebook page that she is having a problem with mice. She is trapping and killing them constantly. I meant to make a comment on her post that said, "My friend had that happen a couple years ago, dozens of them just popped right out while I was talking to her on the phone..I couldn't help but laugh". It turns out I made the comment on the wrong page...unfortunately it was on the KSL news page under the story about the Attorney General's colon cancer. I laughed for at least an hour.

A couple of years ago when I was in charge of the ward bulletin I misspelled a very important word. Of course I didn't notice until I was in Sacrament and nearly fell of the bench laughing so hard. I had to climb over the kids and make my exit while the bishopric looked on disapprovingly and half the ward frantically searched the bulletin to see what had set me off. There was a golf tournament and it was supposed to read, "18 holes for a $20".... I had written "18 HOES for $20". I was released not too long after that :)

2 comments:

Trish said...

BAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAA!!!!!!!

Beth said...

Summer that is the funniest story I have heard in a long time. Thanks for the much needed laugh.